Friday, November 1, 2019

Divorcing the Devil

Sometimes we may experience conflict with others or even come under attack by people. We need to understand that our battle is a spiritual one, and that we battle not against flesh and blood but against the spiritual forces of evil. Paul said it like this:

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Eph 6:12)

Your Spouse is Not the Devil
You need to realize that your husband is not the devil. Your wife is not the devil. Your brother or sister is not the devil. Your son or daughter is not the devil. Your boss is not the devil. Your neighbor is not the devil. Many times a person may get a divorce from his spouse, because of the conflicts between the two of them, but then later, if he gets get remarried to someone else, he finds he still has the same problem. The reason is that his spouse was not the problem, the devil was the problem, and since he didn't deal with the actual root cause of the problem, he encounters the same thing with his next marriage partner.

If one or both parties are walking in the flesh, then they are pathways for the devil to work through them in various ways. You cannot be walking in the flesh and in the spirit at the same time, since the flesh and spirit are diametrically opposed to each other. But if we deal with the sin in our lives by repenting and asking God for forgiveness in the name of Jesus Christ, then we will be cleansed and set free from all kinds of bondage. If both marriage partners do that, then there can be a new beginning for their marriage and a renewal of love. The same goes for any relationship, not just the one between a husband and a wife.

Renunciation of the Devil
What you need to do is divorce the devil, rather than divorce your spouse. If you are a born again believer in Jesus Christ, then here is how you can pray to divorce the devil: "I renounce satan, and all of his works and pomps, and all of his minions. I cancel every contract with hell, every covenant with death, and I break every tie with darkness, in Jesus' name!"

You could further shout, "The devil stands condemned already. The Lord rebuke you, satan! In the name of Jesus, get thee behind me, satan! You have lost your place in heaven. Jesus Christ has triumphed over you at the cross and made a public spectacle of you there. He has disarmed you." (Jn 16:11; Zech 3:2; Jude 1:9; Mt 16:23; Rev 12:8; Col 2:15).

You could boldly command him, "Devil, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I command you to get your hands off of my life, off of my marriage, off of my children, off of my health, off of my finances, and off of my property! I am bought by the blood of Jesus and my life is not my own, but it belongs to Him."

You could further add, "In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I cut off every evil spirit that has attached itself to me!. Away from me, you evildoers, that I may obey the commands of my God! I have nothing but hatred for you! I consider you my enemies!" (Ps 119:115; 139:22).

You could further shout, "I call for a sword for the Lord and for [state your own name]! Get them, holy angels, leave no survivors!" (Josh 10:30, 40; Judg 7:20).

You could top that off by shouting, "In the name of Jesus Christ, I bind every evil spirit within the sound of my voice! I command you to depart from me and return to the pit from whence you came, reporting failure to your master, and I forbid you to return to me or send reinforcements. Holy fire!"

Closing Words
Go ahead and divorce the devil and cut him off from continuing to wreak havoc in your life. Then be sure and close all doors in your life that are open to the enemy, or else he will just come right back in. Repent of all known sins in your life, depart from all iniquity, and cling to Jesus. Ask Him to forgive you and put all those things under His blood, so that they will not count against you. Don't give the devil any opportunity to get a foothold of any kind in your life, but follow Jesus with all your heart. Feed on His Word daily. Believe in Him and do what He says. Then watch how He begins to bless you and turn your life around.

Attribution notice: Most Scripture quotations taken from the Holy Bible NIV, copyright Zondervan, all rights reserved, used by permission. The image of the Battle for the Soul painting by Danny Hahlbohm, copyright 2011 Inspired Art, all rights reserved worldwide, used by permission, www.inspiredart.store.

Author's note I also recommend reading How to Pray for the DevilSpeak to the Storm, The Name of Jesus, The Name Above All Names, Supernatural Power for All Disciples, and Baptized with the Spirit. I invite you to visit the Home page for this blog, and you can also find my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master."

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord bro.Len,am so grateful to God almighty for getting connected to DTS and you I truly read and prayed the covenant prayers.its mind blowing the excitement and the Joy of learning Christ through these articles. For sure neither wives nor husband's are devil's.....
    Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BrLEN
    I have read and prayed the covenant prayer.
    Divorcing the devil. I got moved to another ream of understanding

    ReplyDelete