Friday, September 30, 2022

Angelic Enounters

Dear God seekers,

I'm back today with the second part of my study on angel visitations. In my first article called Angelic Visitations in Scripture, I cited most of the biblical instances in which people were visited by angels that appeared to them. In this present article, I want to share with you many encouraging testimonies from people in our own day, who have had their own angel encounters, including our own family's experiences at the end. Here we go;

“Angels Catched Me”
"Two-year-old Ethan Payne fell out of a second-story window. Doctors worried he would have brain damage or never walk again. But through the power of prayer, Ethan was better within six hours." -- The Christian Broadcasting Network. Video
 
 

Two-year old caught by an angel after jumping from third-story window
Irma De Alba
2 years ago
Thanks for your testimony i have experienced the same miracle in my family. My oldest daughter was two years old when she jumped out a third story Window, down to the concrete floor. She has no major injuries. No internal bleedings, no inflammations, no Broken Bones. Now she's twenty Seven and a mother of two beautiful healthy kids. God is great!

Angel caught a 3-year old girl who fell out of third-story window
Jared J wrote 9 years ago: 

My 3 year old daughter fell off our 3rd story apartment balcony and said the same thing. She said she did not want to "go to the sky" and that "a boy had caught her" when she fell. We had never been spiritual or church going at the time and had never talked to her about heaven or God or any of that. I don't care what anyone says, I know there is a God and I know that he most certainly works miracles in our lives. I have recently started changing my life around and started walking with the Lord!
 
Angel catches 3-yr old boy who fell from second-story window
Josh Dub wrote 6 years ago:

This exact scenario happened to my first born son. He was three years old and upstairs on a sofa in our game room. The back of the sofa was against a window and he leaned on the screen and fell out of the second story to the concrete below.  My wife heard someone outside so she went out the front door and there he was standing on the sidewalk.

I was away working 30 miles away in a nearby town called EllensburgWashington when this happened and do you want to know what he said? He said "daddy caught me". I was 30 miles away!!

Well my wife called on the way to the hospital and I had to rush from Ellensburg to Yakima which is 30 miles away to meet her. He was perfectly fine after all the tests and ct scans. Just the scratch (which is a scar to this day) to remind us of that day. 
 
A Strange Encounter: A Real Life Angelic Visitation
"Jimmy Jones was driving his delivery truck in 2011 when he found himself in the cross hairs of an F-4 tornado. Frantic, he was forced to seek refuge under an interstate overpass which is where he ran into someone he wasn't expecting." -- The Christian Broadcasting Network. See Video.



Angels Among Us – My Husband’s Encounter with an Angel
Jenny Bussee shares in this video her testimony about her military husband's encounter with an angel in Afghanistan. She wrote: "Without a doubt the most exciting video I've ever uploaded! In this video I share with you about an encounter with an angel that my husband had while he was on deployment. Angels are REAL!!!!Such an amazing story I literally cannot re-tell it without getting goose bumps! I hope this brings you encouragement today!"
 
Air Force Veteran’s Encounter with an Angel
Sarah Ritter shared 1 year ago:

I can relate being prior Air Force security forces myself. I had a recent angel experience myself. I even made a video about it on my channel. My angel reminded me just how much Jesus loves me...God bless you in a powerful way today! Video


 
Angel called woman’s name and saved her house from burning down
Anita Napp wrote 1 month ago:

I heard my angel twice calling my name, after leaving something on the stove and I went outside and got lost in thought. I looked around wondering who was calling me! I ran inside and smoke was getting thick. Thanks Lord for our Angels
 
Angel calls woman’s name and saves her from being killed by falling tree limb
Marian Keller wrote 1 year ago:

I never believed until the day my life was saved...I didn't see an angel, but I heard one's voice. I was outside in front of the house pulling weeds..it was calm and sunny.. Suddenly the wind came up. I looked up, and the trees over me were bending with the wind. I tried to hurry with what I was weeding when a woman's voice behind me said, "get up and go inside." I sat back and looked behind me and all around the yard. No one was there. Thinking I was just hearing things, I went back to work. Again I heard, "go in the house ." I sat back and looked everywhere for who was talking, and still couldn't see anyone. Bending back down and pulling weeds, I heard a loud voice say, "Go in the house. NOW!" 

I got to my feet and ran for the door. I went up the steps and grabbed the door knob and stepped inside just as a huge tree branch fell hitting the roof, and landed where I had been kneeling seconds before. 

When my husband got home I told him what happened. It took 45 minutes to cut the branch into pieces and haul it off. Later I found out all the neighbors were gone and I was the only one in the neighborhood still at home. If the branch had fallen on me, it would have killed me. I might have laid there for hours before my husband found me. I have read that angels tell you 3 times. Must be true. Mine did.
 
Angel helps a woman close her car door
A YouTube viewer by the user name Twilightsummerbreeze wrote 1 year ago:

I once found myself on the reservation after a store just closed.  The parking lot emptied within three minutes.  I could not get my door to close and stay shut on the car. After about 10 minutes I started to get scared, as I had heard scary stories about that area at night. I prayed and I almost started crying when suddenly, a little boy about 9 years old eating a chocolate ice cream cone appeared, asking what was wrong.  I explained my door was broken.  He fiddled with it and then slammed the door shut, saying, "There you go."  I thanked him and looked down to start the car, and when I looked up, literally two seconds later, he was gone.  That was a huge parking lot and nowhere for him to disappear to.
 
Rescued 
by an Angel from Burning RV Motor Home 
Betty Houk wrote 1 year ago:

A few years I dreamed I smelled smoke but not like wood  ! It was more like a car’s electric wiring I jump out of bed a started looking for the source of smoke as I could still smell strong smoke Odor ! Now no one in our house smokes, and this didn’t smell like cigarette smoke! Like I said a car electric wires! We checked everywhere but all was ok! About two weeks later my mom and step dad came for a visit and she said the wiring in their motor home caught fire!  My step dad was 80 years old and was crippled so he was stuck in the front seat of the motor home! My mother said she was trying to help him out of RV! A white truck came driving up, and a man got out  and went in the RV, picked my step dad up, and carried him out away from the RV, got back in his truck, and drove off! {He did so without [saying] a word, and before my mom could thank him!  If he wasn’t an Angel, he was that day !
  
Angel whispered to lady that her Dad would die, but it would be ok
Jackie Ortero
1 year ago
Jesus is real and angels are real, I lost my Dad about a month ago and 6 days before he died, I was in my room sleeping and right when I was about to wake up a voice whispered in my right ear, "Your Dad is going to die, but everything is going to be ok." I heard that voice clearly and felt like a breeze in my right ear. Then 6 days later my Dad died.
 
This event has given me peace and has shown me that Jesus is real and that he beat death. The lord knows I used to love my Dad a lot and that I had a lot of plans and dreams that I wanted him to be a part of.

Also the day he died I went to the hospital to see him die and I pray to God to forgive him and [take] him [to] a better place. And when I came to the parking lot to pick up my car, there was another car parked right next to me that [had a[ license plate [that] said 23 psalm 1. When I got out of the parking lot, I looked for that psalm on google, and I read it from 1 to 6. And it was God answering my prayer and letting me know that my Dad was in heaven.
 
An angel was taking care of a man in ICU (Intensive Care Unit)
Jenny T wrote 1 year ago:

I have seen an angel. It's a long story, and I'm Finnish, so pardon any possible grammatical errors.
I was still a medical student back then. We were at an ICU and at the time there was only one patient there. A young man who'd been in an MVA. He was running a high fever, so he was naked, he had a urinary catheter, he was intubated, had a nasogastric tube, his abdomen was cut open and covered with, what is called a Bogota bag*. He had all kinds of i.v.-lines going into him. He was in the prime of his life, physically well built, but still weak as a newborn in that situation. So vulnerable. So pitiable.

Seeing him I spontaneously felt great compassion towards him and this earnest question arose in my mind: "Who is taking care of him?" I still don't quite know what I meant with that question, as I wasn't pointing it to anyone, it was just a question that came from deep within my heart.
However, as soon as I had said the question in my head, I felt this extremely gentle warm "wind" against my back. It wasn't a physical wind, by no means, but I nevertheless felt it very real. Words arose in my mind "There's an angel behind you", and yet, they were not words, more like an extremely warm and gentle thought - from someone else.

I immediately turned to look, but there was nothing behind me, so I turned back to my fellow students, feeling a bit silly.

The wind and the thought repeated.

I didn't turn. I felt silly for having turned in the first place.

Now the wind repeated for the third time and again that thought, but with more intensity this time, with more weight and command to it, while still immensely gentle: "There IS an angel behind you".
Almost sighing to myself I turned for the second time, believing it was in vain, thinking I'm stupid even while doing so. And true: at first my eyes saw nothing... Until I started seeing something (hard to describe exactly how I "saw" this - I saw this with my eyes, but yet at the same time not with my eyes but my mind, it's confusing to explain, but it was very natural in that situation) something starting to appear approximately 6 - 8 metres from me (I don't remember the distance exactly, as this was nearly 20 years ago):

It was an angel. Firstly, it was huge, well above 3 metres tall (the height of an average room ceiling) and it emanated immense, totally unconditional love and absolute power, and everything in them was made of this glowing energy. They had a golden, totally smooth helmet on, no face, just this light instead, that can only be described as love. They were neither a man nor a woman - there was no gender (therefore I'm using the word "them", even if it was one single angel). They had a long flowing gown on, moving gently as if floating in waves, and weirdly, from where I was standing, I could see to the microscopic level of the fibers of the thread in the fabric, it was all energy. They had a sword in front of them, the sword's tip was leaning against the floor and their arms were resting on the hilt. But, despite this sword and helmet there was no presence of aggression or violence from them, it's like they were symbols, and their most striking physical feature was the wings. They were bright white, folded against their back, the arches reaching above their head and the tips going below the floor level. I could see to the individual structures of the individual feathers, all glowing energy.

But, despite this all, what got me the most was really the love and the unnegotiable power: absolute love that no words do justice and absolute power, that  emanated from them... It was something... out of this world.

This whole thing felt like it lasted for a long time, but in reality it lasted maybe not more than a couple of seconds, when I already felt this gentle encouragement (for the lack of a better word, "command" is too aggressive a word for what I felt) to turn away. And I did - only to turn immediately back again, but by that time the angel was gone - and my original question had been answered.
I don't think anyone else present even realised what I had just experienced.

*A Bogota bag is a sterile plastic bag that can be used for closure of abdominal wounds. 
 
An angel came into my car from the top
Victoria De Hoyos-Ramirez wrote 1 year ago:

I saw an angel  a few years ago.  It came into my car from the top.   It was transparent and had a big smile.   Remember angels don't do whatever they want.  They do God's bidding.  I thanked God for sending me an angel.  
 
Psalm 103: "The LORD has established His throne in heaven, and His kingdom rules over all. Bless the LORD, all His angels mighty in strength who carry out His word, who hearken to the voice of His command. Bless the LORD, all His hosts, you servants who do His will.…:
 
Four-year old saw guardian angel
Joanie King wrote 9 months ago:

When I was about 4 years old, I saw my guardian Angel standing at the doorway of my bedroom with his arms crossed. He had blonde hair
 
My children's angelic visitations 
Now here are some testimonies of my own about my own daughter Charity, who is now an adult, regarding her angel encounters as a child. I also have one at the end that my son Christopher, who is now seventeen, experienced as a child.
 
Dec 7 2003
Charity (age 5) just told me that she saw an angel last night in her room while she was lying in her bed.  She said she was afraid when she saw it, and she turned her face into her pillow.  Then the angel said to her "God is going to restore your Mommy and your Daddy to life and health and strength."  We have been very ill for over a week with the flu.
 
Jan 16, 2007
My wife Jennifer was sitting on the couch with the children reading from the Bible about angels appearing to people and saying, "Do not be afraid."  She told the children not to be afraid if one of God's angels appears to them.  That's when Charity (age 9) said, "I'm not afraid.  In fact, I saw an angel today in the bathroom."  She went on to describe how it happened.  She saw the angel today while she was washing her hands in the bathroom here at our apartment.  He was standing in the corner next to the shower to the left of the toilet.  She said he had a white robe reaching down to his feet and his feet were covered by his robe.  His skin on his face and his arms was very smooth. He had a golden sash across his chest.  He had really bright blue eyes.  They were brighter than anybody else's eyes in the whole world.  She couldn't see his eyeballs because they were so bright, but she saw the color blue in there.  She said the brightness of his eyes hurt her eyes, so she could not look directly at them.  His hair was really bright blond, bursting white like the sun.  He was about 7 feet tall and his head reached the ceiling.  He was huge and looked mighty strong.  She said he was stronger than Daddy, so strong he could lift the entire house.  She first noticed him out of the side of her eye when she was washing her hands and singing "la, la-la, la, la".  She stopped singing and looked up at him wondering, "Who is this?"  He just looked down at her with a serious gaze, yet she said it was as though he had a loving look on his face.  He knew whom she was and he was just making sure she was safe. Then she started drying her hands and she kept looking up at him with a puzzled look on her face.  She didn't say anything to him and didn't feel scared at all.  She said it made her feel ticklish and joyful inside. Then as she opened the bathroom door to leave the room he disappeared.
 
Jan 17, 2007
The next day, Charity 
 (age 9) was sitting on the couch, braiding Faith's hair, and Hope was lying down next to her.  Charity prayed in her heart that the Lord would allow her to see another one of His angels, since she saw one yesterday.  Right after she prayed that, an angel appeared in the living room by the sliding glass door to the patio.  His face was very bright, like lightning, and his clothes were as white as snow.  He had huge sleeves.  He was a very tall, about 6 feet tall, and he was floating in mid-air with his wings.  She could see his wings from the side. His head reached to the very top of the glass doors and his feet were a few inches off the ground. She could see his feet.  He moved closer to her and reached out his hand, put it on her head and said with a voice like whispering waters, "You will be blessed with a lot of children."  She felt the Holy Spirit when he touched her.  Then he disappeared.  She immediately ran into my bedroom where I was working, in order to tell me about this.  She hopes she takes good care of her children and that they feel well, and that she finds the right husband who loves Jesus.  I asked her sisters but they did not see the angel.  Charity said this was not the same one she saw yesterday. She said this was not a guardian angel, so he was not as mighty and strong as the one she saw yesterday.  She said this one was a messenger angel and he looked like he was about as strong as her Daddy.  She said she saw a little bit of yellow on his chest, so he may have had a golden sash, but she didn't notice for sure, because his arm was outstretched.  She said...the left side of his chest...was bursting bright...
 
Aug 20, 2008
We had family devotions this morning, and studied Rev. 18 and 19.  It was about the coming judgment on America and Jesus soon return.  Then we had our usual time of family prayer together.  Afterward while I was brewing my tea, my ten-year-old daughter Charity came and told me that during our prayer time, she saw two angels appear in the dining room.  One was standing behind Christopher's chair and the other standing behind Hope's chair, but neither Christopher nor Hope were in the chairs at that time.  She said the two angels looked very similar to one another and she was very surprised to see them.  She said they smiled at her and looked like they were in their mid to late teens.  They were males about 5.5 feet tall and had light-colored hair with white robes.  They each had something tied around their waste, but she said it was not a belt.  She could not quite describe it.  She said that after she returned a big smile to them they disappeared.  I asked her why she thought they were present, but she didn't know.  So I said, maybe they wanted to hear the word of God as we read from Revelation and talked about the things to come.  As soon as I said that, I immediately felt the presence of the Holy Spirit.  So I said, "That's what it was.  I'm sure."  Then the presence of the Holy Spirit got even stronger.

April 29, 2012
During our nighttime family prayer meeting, my seven-year old son Christopher saw (with his eyes closed) an army of holy angels.  He saw their leader in front of them and the army marching behind.  He did not see this in detail, but as a bright light moving from his right to his left and he knew it was an army of angels.  He assured me he was being truthful.

My Own Personal Encounters with Angels
I (the author of this blog) would like to share some of my own personal encounters with angels.

September 2, 2012
On my second missions trip to Romania, while in a city called Ploiesti, I prayed for a pastor named Marian (pictured below) inside the church building after the service ended. He sensed a “refreshing” from the Lord, and there was a lot of joy on his face. He was praising God. 

I prayed for a band of angels to help him in his ministry. Afterward my translator Stefan said that even before I started to pray it, he actually saw a band of angels coming quickly, fully armed for war, standing behind the pastor, and beside him. The two beside him were bigger and had spears and swords. Fully equipped. They were ready to do whatever he said; he was their commander. There were also smaller angels; they were fiercely determined to do their job and protect him. He was in good hands. There were in the background many warrior angels inside the church, standing around the perimeter of the room. They were fiercely determined to do their job to defend. 

I learned later in the evening that Stefan has seen angels and demons before, and has even seen the Lord Jesus.

October 12, 2012
I made the following journal entry on October 12, 2012, regarding what occurred that evening in my hotel room in Sheffield, England, while I was there for a conference:

In a book I am reading, called School of the Supernatural, Wyatt states: “Holiness and purity matter…As we remain loyal and pure He will give us free and open access into the things of the Spirit, into His most holy place, to His very throne…and the world will once again discern the difference between the holy and the profane through you.” Wyatt 140. 

While reading p. 163-165 of Wyatt, I prayed and asked the Lord to grant me an angelic visitation. I immediately sensed the presence of the Lord upon me and I began to worship. It remained for about a minute. It was so real I had to look behind me to see if I could see the angel. 

I asked the Lord that since He had sent His angel into my hotel room, what is the message the angel has brought to me. I just immediately felt the strong presence of the Lord once again. 

I turned off all the lights and laid down on the couch to be still before the Lord. I asked Him what was the purpose of this visitation. He said, “Ordination.” So I asked Him to clarify what He meant. He said, “I’m ordaining you.” 

March 18, 2012
In my article called, Gems from Heaven, I recount another one of my own encounters with what I believe was either the Lord or an angel in my bedroom. I hope you will take a moment to check it out, as well as the others linked below in the author's note.

Child Rescued from Drowning
My wife Jennifer shared the following account with me of how she was rescued from drowning when she was a four-year old child:

"I recently asked my mom about an incident where I almost drowned in a lake when I was four years old.  From what I recall, I had kind of wandered out away from my father and ended up totally under the water and, of course, didn't know how to swim.  A young man (maybe in his late teens?) pulled me up out of the water.  And somehow, I ended up on the blanket that my family had set up on the beach.  It was such a big deal for me, that I remember telling the neighbors about it when we got home.  Neither my mom or dad even remember the incident."  

Closing Words
We have angelic forces around us all the time. We don't see them. In fact most of us never see them, but nevertheless, they are there. 

If you have had your own personal angel encounter, please leave it in the comments below. If you're interested in more amazing, true testimonies of angelic encounters, please see the links in the author's note below.

Attribution noticeScripture quotations taken from the Holy Bible NIV, copyright 2011 Zondervan, all rights reserved, used by permission.  "Under God's Protection" painting © 2022 Danny Hahlbohm of Inspired Art, all rights reserved by the artist.

Author's note: If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy 
Angelic Escape from Terrorist Assassins, Carried on Angels' WingsGems from Heaven, Supernatural Encounter While Drawing Closer to God, Angelic Protection in AfghanistanHead on Collision with Highway Overpass Abutment, and Escaped Having a Possibly Fatal Accident. Also see Angelic Visitations in ScriptureActivating Your AngelsVarious Types of AngelsYou can find more of my articles on the Home page of this blog. You may also access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master." Now I'd like to ask a very important question.

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"

_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org

No comments:

Post a Comment